The RSP-Z2 Dual Channel Interoperability Gateway with RoIP, SIP, and RTP allows connections to radios and other communications devices.
The RSP-Z2 supports: SIP, RTP, RoIP, Radio, dispatch, or audio connections.
This allows public safety agencies to communicate with a vast array of communication devices using a single interoperable platform.
The RSP-Z2 -- Dual Channel Interoperability Gateway works on a Linux operating system and includes:
- Smartphone and tablet interface,
- Supports SIP/RoIP passthrough,
- Radio relays,
- SIP/RoIP net with two radios
- Intuitive web-based GUI with SSH encryption
- Supports: Independent SIP, RTP, or ROIP radio interfaces; Remote Radio Relay
- Single RJ-45 connector & IP address for both channels
- Can use a PC, Smart Phone, or Tablet for configuration, control, and audio links
- USB port supports software upgrades and monitor/dispatch with specified USB headsets/DECT 6.0 Headsets
- Includes JPS radio interface algorithms developed over several decades as the leader in radio interoperability
- Uses standard JPS radio interface cables
- Remotely interfaces radios, or other devices to other RSP-Z2 units and JPS gateways, including the new ACU-Z1
Versatile modes of operation:
- Stand-alone mode
- In stand-alone mode, users can monitor and control the remote radios connected by the RSP-Z2.
- Remote Extension Mode
- The RSP-Z2 functioning as a pair of independent Radio to IP interfaces.
Use multiple RSP-Z2s with a Z2C Controller to create a wide area interoperability system.
- An operator using the Z2C Controller can create interoperability nets by drag-and-drop operations on icons that represent each of the system endpoints that are interfaced by the RSP-Z2 units. A Z2C Controller operator can also perform dispatch operations on all endpoints; icons can be set for full two-way communications or monitor only.
RSP-Z2 simplifies setup.
This is the first screen seen when browsing to the RSP-Z2, clicking on one of the three choices sets up the the RSP-Z2 for control of that capability.
The choices for the RSP-Z2 -- Dual Channel Interoperability Gateway are below:
- Independent Passthrough
- Cross-Connected with Backhaul
Cross Connected with Backhaul:
Education Use Case:
In this diagram the college campus on the right is using the JPS VIA PTToC APP to communicate with each other. JPS VIA talk group 2 can communicate with the security police (in the middle of the diagram) on the handheld radio off one of the RSP-Z2 radio ports. This is achieved when the JPS VIA goes to the JPS VIA server, which converts the signal to JPS RoIP, which connects to the RSP-Z2, and to the LMR security. All talk groups can be connected to the police if required.