RSP-Z2 – Dual Channel Interoperability Gateway
The RSP-Z2 – Dual Channel Interoperability Gateway allows connection to radios, Internet Protocols SIP, RTP, or JPS RoIP, and combines the capabilities of the company’s network extension unit (NXU-RoIP) and analog radio adapter (ARA products-SIP).
- Radio, dispatch, or audio connections
This allows public safety agencies to communicate with a vast array of communication devices using a single interoperable platform.
The RSP-Z2 – Dual Channel Interoperability Gateway works on a Linux operating system and includes:
- Smart phone and tablet interface,
- Supports SIP/ROIP pass-through,
- Radio relays,
- SIP/ROIP net with two radios
This device is operable in three modes:
- In stand-alone mode, users can monitor and control the remote radios connected by the RSP-Z2.
Remote extension mode
- Remote extension mode allows users to monitor and control both the assets cabled to the modules as well as remote devices brought into the system through the ethernet interface.
- Controller mode allows users to connect multiple RSP-Z2s together to form nets regardless of physical location via a web interface.
Z2 Browser Undefined Screen:
This is the first screen seen when browsing to the RSP-Z2, clicking on one of the three choices sets up the the RSP-Z2 for control of that capability.
The choices for the RSP-Z2 – Dual Channel Interoperability Gateway are below:
- Independent Passthrough
- Cross Connected
- Cross Connected with Backhaul
Cross Connected with Backhaul:
Education Use Case:
- Intuitive web-based GUI with SSH encryption
- Supports: Independent SIP, RTP, or ROIP radio interfaces; Remote Radio Relay
- Single RJ-45 connector & IP address for both channels
- Can use a PC, Smart Phone, or Tablet for configuration, control, and audio links
- USB port supports software upgrades and monitor/dispatch with specified USB headsets/DECT 6.0 Headsets
- Includes JPS radio interface algorithms developed over several decades as the leader in radio interoperability
- Uses standard JPS radio interface cables
- Remotely interfaces radios, or other devices to other RSP-Z2 units and JPS gateways, including the new ACU-Z1
Installation and Operation Guide
Quick Start Guide
Field Optimization Guide
Application Note: RoIP versus VoIP
Application Note: Using RoIP Links to Eliminate Voice-Grade Leased Lines
Application Note: AT&T EPTT + JPS Interoperability